Intimacy

INTIMACY
A friendship or dance of mutually high impact and
kindness -- where minds of equal creativity yet
of different tendencies can learn from each other;
where hearts of equal depth yet
of varying sensitivities can nourish and enrich each other;
where bodies of changing histories yet
of the same river of life and breath, can
laugh and weep for, dance and pray for,
midwife and mourn for...
And
where Kindred Spirits, by
way of their good will and heart
choose to create an environment conducive to
the melting of ordinary
boundaries and states, and
allow for the sacred... natural
occasional meeting of
timeless souls, in
a way that honors and
enhances the mystery and
the music of the relating of
beings from
day to
day
all poems by philip clement

**************

Systems Ask Why

Systems ask why. Healing asks how.
Windows see. Views sieve.
Rules set limits. Games push limits.
Menus talk. Food tastes.
Everything alive in is motion.
Emotion is (simply) Energy in Motion
The nature of emotion is the energy of nature.
Exceptions have patterns.
Stillness has movement.
Silence has music.

Death is the truest teacher -- death never lies.

Love is the truest healer -- love never dies.





When I Dance I Expect

When I dance I expect to participate in a pleasure filled struggle to leave my city body behind, re-find and re-de-fine, gravitate, ani-mate and activate… my artist animal...
stretching reaching sliding jumping using the floor to transport and carry, hold and be held
by bawdies in motion, in spiring, spi-ritual lovers and tribal nomads, leprechauns and polygons,
Zeus, Shakti, Apollo, Pan and Aphrodite.
I expect to have the weather and planets use me as their performing artist
as they sit in the audience, unseen
while legends under the dance floor create symphonies and havoc
heroes' journeys and Casanova flirtations
mangrove myths and desert rendezvous
Fred Astaires and Ginger Cookies, Michael Jacksons and Martha Grahams
Baryshnikovs and Superlitovs, sand box fantasies and tarot card realities
Russian daredevils and marshmellow bedfellows
tap dance professionals and Irish bell mysticals, Moldavian precision and middle east fusion
slithering snakes and princely stories, eagles and forests, and hummingbird florists.
When I dance I expect to get carried a little too far away
sweat wetting pounding chest chasing wind and feeding fire...
laughing with relish...
all dressed, cole slawed, ketch-upped, and must-hard.
When I dance I expect to rassle with before and after
understand why animals have no shame, move my behind without my mind
exhale graceful madness, inhale precious stillness.
I expect to meet danger and seduction, challenge and invitation
my match and my salvation, my mentors and my mothers
my fathers and my teachers, partners and strangers
flying humans and boppin’ angels
who by way of their own movement
by virtue of the Dance Floor and The Dance, call forth my utter best!
When I dance, uh... that's (a bit) of what I expect.











**************





**************







all poems © Philip Clement